Friday, May 23, 2008

Got my fix....

Okay, so we found out who had season 5, but could not borrow it, yet. This how the conversation went. Called the crazy lady who owns season 5, not the friendliest person to talk to, ever. But we still gunned it & said, what the heck, lets just try. You know the knot in your stomach, when you talk to people that are crazy & just plane out weird yah. Given we've never made this lady mad, not that we know of. We keep our conversations to a minimum, b/c you never know if she'll ignore you when talking to her, although my husband is good friends w/ her husband. Any way here's how the conversation went.

Btw, Steve was the one who called her. So & so, how are you. Hope all is well. We heard you guys owned season 5 of Gilmore Girls & was wondering if we could possibly borrow it. We'll get it to you asa we're done with it.

So & so response: I"M AM CURRENTLY WATCHING IT RIGHT NOW & DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL BE DONE WITH IT. MAYBE IN 4 WEEKS. BUT I HAVE STRICT RULES, WHEN I LEND MY DVD'S OUT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Steve: I understand.

So & so: MY DVD'S MUST NOT HAVE ANY FINGER PRINTS, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Steve: I understand.

So & So: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH......DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Steve: I understand, OK, well thank you, Good night. Click

Shocked, my, do I look like I'm 4!! Enough said, I know what your thinking, that's exactly what I though, & wanted to voice my opinion. But not worth it.

So after that sour conversation & us not giving up for a boring evening, Steve went to the video store only to find out they didn't have "GG"

Still not going to have a boring evening, so Steve went to Metro, which is like a Sam's type of store. & found season 5 for 20 Euros baby. Not bad at all. I said take it.

So we now own season 5, we might be owning season 6, since we don't know who owns season 6.

Steve came home not only with season 5, but with 2 very yummy ice cream pops. Brand: Magnum Temptation. vanilla on the inside with chocolate covered Almonds inside, covered in yummy chocolate on the outside. They are the best.

I think we will be done with season 5 by tomorrow evening.

Sunday we go to Paris, I can't believe we got 2 more days. I am so psyched!!! I can't believe we are going to Paris, the 2 of us, all paid for, including meals & the train passes. We already have sort of a plan on what we're hitting 1st, Monday morning. We will have to get up early. Take the train to the city. I will keep you posted, if not you'll def, be posted when we come back on Wednesday.

4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Glad you got your fix in the end.

Sadly, I can actually sympathise with the "DO YOU UNDERSTAND" guy. We have loaned out a lot of stuff in the past that has come back totally destroyed...

Have fun in Paris!

Amos said...

And here I was thinking you were already in Paris. You are going to have an AWESOME time!!

So goofy about borrowing the DVD's, whatever, borrow this! Glad you finally found them for a reasonable price.

Amos said...

Hey, I want one of those ice cream bars. Think ya could bring one over for me next time you fly over the pond? Oh yeah, probably wouldn't be as good. LOL.

Unknown said...

Mmm... I remember eating those ice cream bars with Koz!! Hope you are having fun in Paris. Glad you found the video you were hunting for ;)