Thursday, November 09, 2006

No date tonight

Or is it mate your date? haha! Well today is supposed to be our date night but we will be staying home since the familia is not well today. I caught the virus yesterday, so I started with the runs then Steve caught the virus it seems, again. Not puking only the runs. ALL NIGHT LONG & all day today. I'm exhausted. I'm fine now. Well this is not an exciting topic, but I'm sickn tired of being home. for 3 days. I had to get out of the house yesterday, so we went to buy formula. How exciting. But then it began. So we came home right away.

I was looking forward in getting out this evening but it's not going to happen. So maybe if Steve has enough energy, he can go & pick out a movie or movies. I still don't know where there is a video store. I saw one in downtown Wels, but I know there has to be one close here.

So this morning it has been raining, so I baked some "DOUBLE CHOCOLATE OAT COOKIES". Thank God I had enough ingredients. They came out soooo yummy & very easy to make. So here is the recipe for you guys that want it or gor you that wantt to read my blog. hint hint.

Double Chocolate Oat Cookies

1 pkge (12oz) semi sweet chocolate pieves divided. (I used choc. chips). About 2 cups
1/2 c. (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
1/2 c. Granulated sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 all-purpose flour (why do they call it all purpose) Why not just baking flour or flour? hehe j/k
3/4 c. Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked) duh!
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 f. Melt 1 cup choc. pieces (I used choc chips) in small sauce pan;set aside.
Beat margarine & sugar until fluffy; add melted choc, egg & vanilla.
Add combined flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda & salt; mix well.
Stir in remainig chocolate pieces or chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8-10 min. Cool 1 min on cookie sheets, remove to wire rack.

I used parchment paper, it's great, cuz didn't have a cookie sheet & my stone had cookies already.

makes about 3 dozen cookies. ENJOY!!!

No comments: